Geography has always been a subject that I loved teaching, especially surrounding the USA. I also love when lessons can be made to cross over into other subject areas or become ‘hands-on’.
Over the last two weeks, I’ve created several NEW Geography related resources and I’m excited to share them with you!
All of these NEW resources are part of my Learning about the USA series…
The 1st is a 150 page download which provides you 3 maps of each state:
* Blank outline
* Outline with State Capital
* Outline with Major Cities
This resource can be used in too many ways for me to list here but I’ll give you a few ideas…
* Cut out the blank outline and place on cardboard. Using homemade salt dough, students can create a 3-D relief map on top of the state outline, sculpting in rivers, mountains, etc. Once dry, have students paint them, green= land, brown= mountains, blue= rivers.
* Create a state book using the outlines. Students can do this by copying and cutting out several copies of the blank outline and one each of the others. The first blank outline will serve as the cover. Students can use each of the pages to create a fun book about the state.
* Using the outline maps with cities, ask students to add things such as major highways, historical landmarks, etc.
Also ready for you to download…
These new resources can be used to create a variety of cross-curricular lessons and lead to hours of learning.