Here is a fun, creative and different way to teach Aesop’s fable, The Lion and the Mouse! This Language Arts resource will use both the Caldecott’s winning picture book by Jerry Pinkney the actual fable itself to help students gain understanding of the central theme and develop and practice important skills which will require (both with illustration and text evidence). Students will be asked to give , describe the , develop a , explain , show and .
- Guided Reading suggested questions
- ‘Write the story’ worksheet
- ‘Think about it’ worksheet
- Character Analysis worksheets
- Student copies of the fable
- Character Analysis worksheet
- ‘Central Message’ worksheet
- ‘Textual Evidence’ worksheet
- ‘Story Map’ worksheet
- ‘Cause and Effect’ worksheet
- ‘Relating to your own life’ worksheet (self narrative)
- ‘Which version did you enjoy most’ worksheet (opinion)
Each writing worksheet offers 2 copies (one with dashed lines and one with single lines). This will allow you to choose which works best for students.