Teaching students to have a positive ‘growth’ mindset can be invaluable. Why? Students with a positive mindset believe they can develop abilities through hard work. Basically, that they are only limited by what they believe about themselves and the effort(s) that the apply to learn new things.
Students with a positive growth mindset are more resilient in the face of failure, more engaged in their own learning, and more apt to work hard to overcome a challenge.
With this in mind, I’ve created a set of resources that can be used for Kindergarten – 5th grade that will help you teach your students to have a positive growth mindset!
Product #1: 36 Positive Growth Mindset Poster Set
This product and ALL THE RESOURCES in this series are centered around 36 positive, growth mindset quotes:
1. I choose to be positive!
2. Attitude and Effort are more important than talent!
3. Attitude is my mind’s paintbrush. It can color any situation.
4. A Challenge lets me exercise my brain!
5. Never say, “I can’t.” Say, “I’ll try.”
6. Mistakes are only opportunities to learn.
7. Think Positive. Be Positive.
8. With practice, I can and will improve!
9. Listening to feedback, helps me grow!
10. Every day is a NEW ADVENTURE!
11. Success starts with a decision to try!
12. Be yourself! An original is always more valuable than a copy.
13. Every Masterpiece began with a blank page.
14. The harder I work, the smarter I get!
15. I CAN do hard things!
16. When I struggle, I grow!
17. I will work to find my strengths!
18. I will be KIND to MYSELF
19. I will choose to try!
20. I CAN take risks in learning!
21. I can ALWAYS learn more!
22. I don’t have to be perfect.
23. I am HAPPY when others do well!
24. My passions are important!
25. When I say, “I will.” – “I WILL!”
26. I will show myself love.
27. I will be patient with myself!
28. I will DREAM BIG!
29. I can persevere when frustrated!
30. I can ALWAYS improve!
31. I can be anything!
32. Failure is always part of learning.
33. I will not let failure be the end…but the beginning!
34. I will try things I don’t think I can do.
35. Attitude is just as important as ability!
36. All things are hard before they become easy.
This product contains a mini-book for students to create. On each page, they will be giving one of the positive growth mindset quotes. They will be asked a question and then asked to draw a related picture!
The product is divided in to two sections to provide for different level abilities.
This resource has two sets of bookmarks to make it easier for you to print according to your needs: a classroom set and an individual set. The classroom set has four identical bookmarks on each page.The individual set has 4 different bookmarks per page.